Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I'm baaaa-ack


It has been one heck of a year (plus) since I last posted about family biking and I'm back with what I hope is the first in a series regarding our big summer excursion: the Highline Canal on bicycles!


Mile marker 29 to the left of a dirt trail with young and adult bicycle riders surrounded by green grass and trees

Quick stats:
  • The Highline Canal is 71 miles end-to-end
  • Our group included ages 7-74
  • Our group varied in size day to day, topping out at 14 riders on the final day
  • Injuries from biking = 0
  • Injuries from water balloon fight = 1 (a scraped leg)
  • Most popular trailside snack: Turkey Jerky
  • Most popular camp meal: walking tacos



In future posts, I hope to explain what we did, what I'd do differently and options for adapting the trip for various preferences. For example, we could've simplified logistics and packing by staying at hotels instead of camping.

For now, I'll simply say that we had at least two types of fun and it was our kind of microadventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment